LACOMET FL is modern, especially developed for construction, universally applicable,
extremely lightweight, durable and environmentally reliable.
LACOMET FL is an aluminium based sheet lead alternative. This new innovative product
consists of two coil coated, corrosion-resistant, unalloyed layers of aluminium with
an inlay of fibre strengthened composite. LACOMET FL can be used for almost every
conceivable sort of water-proofing lead covering for new buildings, renovation work
and lead replacement.
- Low expansion coefficient
- Very light-weight
- UV resistant
- Retains shape
- Matt grey colour
- Lead flashings & copings
- Stepped & corner flashings
- Window and door joints
- Chimney connection features
- Apron flashings
- Abutment flashings
- Bow and Bay windows
- Lintel joints
- Cavity tray flashings
- Ridge flashings
- Secret gutter flashings
- Valley trough flashings
LACOMET FL Aluminium sheet lead is developed by Coil Coating Laminates B.V. This
material is related to the in the aircraft industry used material GLARE. The specific
material characteristic makes LACOMET FL an excellent alternative for conventional
sheet lead. LACOMET FL is approved by the Dutch test institute BDA B.V.
Characteristic to the processing of LACOMET FL is that the product:
- Is easily cut to size with a Stanley knife, scissors or tin snips.
- Can be fixed in lengths of 3 to 4 metres or more.
- Can be used for large widths.
- Has a low sagging and collapse factor.
- Can be fixed with butyl tape, LACOMET FL butyl tape or LACOMET FL mastic.
- Can be hammered but not hammered out.
- Can be processed easily at low temperatures (to -20 ºC).
- Can be supplied prefab to the workplace.
- Is easily painted over